Single-party rule is usually evidence of:
Question 5c of 10 - Label Identity and Program
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: Single-party rule is usually evidence of:
- a successful democratic system.
- a coalition government.
- media oversight in politics.
- authoritarian rule or a dictatorship.
The correct answer is: authoritarian rule or a dictatorship. A democratic system tends to guard against single-party rule. Coalition government is usually a feature of a multi-party parliamentary democracy. Media oversight tends to work against single-party governments.