Since most American media are privately owned:
Question 1c of 10 - Spreading the News
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: Since most American media are privately owned:
- they can ignore the bottom line.
- they cannot rely on government funding.
- they are rather subjective
- they are dependent upon donations from the public
The correct answer is: they cannot rely on government funding. Media companies must turn a profit to survive. The American media pride themselves on their objectivity. Only public television and radio stations depend on listener/viewer donations.