Which was an effect of the flight of the middle class away from cities?
Question 12b of 12 - Changes in Culture and Politics
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: Which was an effect of the flight of the middle class away from cities?
- The rapid growth of cities
- More educated leaders in urban areas
- Unemployment increasing
- Political machines becoming more powerful
The correct answer is: Political machines becoming more powerful. The middle class left the cities, and the only people left were very poor. The city bosses gained power by capitalizing on the poverty.
143 total views, 1 views today