Urban political machines were most often criticized for:
Question 10a of 12 - Changes in Culture and Politics
- Maximum Attempts: 1
- Question Type: Multiple Choice
- Maximum Score: 1
- Question: Urban political machines were most often criticized for:
- corruption or graft.
- failing to respond to the needs of immigrant communities.
- their ties to political radicals.
- their appeals to nativism.
The correct answer is: corruption or graft. Most big-city political organizations ran on kickbacks and corruption, which prompted vocal criticism from opponents.
145 total views, 1 views today